Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cost of an Image



A young sales rep  called today, telling me about them, and how they hook up photographers with clients and if I could tell them
How much an image will cost,

She had no specifics on any job, just a general quote,

So I went on to explain and hope she listened and realized

The client tells: I want a photograph, how much will it cost,

What he is actually saying is:
I want to hire

1.     Camera
2.     Lights
3.     Computer equipment
4.     Software for editing
5.     Assistant (or a couple of them) to carry equipment
6.     Studio or location
7.     Transport
8.     Office rent
9.     Promotion and website cost so I can find the photographer
10. Telephone and internet so I can contact him
11. Income and sales tax
12. Business insurance
13. The Photographers wage to live a life
14. Hours of his expertise to execute the job.

Maybe that’s why it costs what it does to hire a photographer, unlike what the latest camera commercial told you.


No comments:

Post a Comment