Sunday, April 7, 2013

Walking the ghats of Ganga in Kolcuta







An interesting view I came across as I walked the Ghats of ganga in Kolkata, there were photographers with massive cameras and tripods trolling, shooting, all mostly busy, a few times I looked over my shoulder, n there was one right behind me, almost saying Move, n I will stand at the exact spot where you are and I will shoot that Picture (I asked myself, how will you know what I am shooting, what f-stop or lensing am I doing?) but then thats a diff story

These were not the cell phone totting tourists, quiet a few seemed locals with a mission to make pictures, did not see a single photographer make any movements to change there viewpoints from eyelevel to any other, but then they are seeing something else then me obviously, so are better suited for that maybe.

There were even canon c 300 shooters in the mix, with an assistant and tripod and the works, with time I have been using smaller and smaller cameras, and currently shoot with a mirror less camera more often then not, a Sony Nex-7.

 One hears people talking about the cameras and zooms and all sorts of things all so knowledgeable.  what makes a good image really

No comments:

Post a Comment