Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Deutsch Bank, India- another failed bank




I was expecting a document from UCLA, where they said they would be sending me a certificate, in 3 days flat the document reached from LA to Jamshedpur.   From Mumbai to Jamshedpur a document on an average took 5 days, thats how long it took my bank to send document VIA Bluedart, the most expensive courier service in the country.

My Bank Deutsche Bank

Am proud to be associated with this bank, after all this is a international bank, out of Germany and sounds very smart, I bought into the efficient bank since it is a private bank with a lot of services, every time I tried any of there services, I was told, Oh we can service you for what you want us to do, We did offer services because you do not use that service every day, so we are unable to take care of your request.

I bought into their excuse and just to keep a relationship alive went along, been travelling and realized I need an ATM card
Have been an account holder from 2006 and never used their ATM service attached with my account, I asked for an ATM cad, and thus started my ordeal with the Private bank.

Dec 26th I showed up in Kolkata office and they said sorry you have to use Phone banking.

Great so I did that and was told, OK we will send it to you in 4 days,

4 days past there is no ATM card, so I request them to send my card to my home branch in Mumbai, I get there on 5th JAN
There is no card
No record that a card request was ever made.

We make a fresh request for the card to be delivered to the branch. I am told it will happen in 2 – 3 days time,  

I stay in Mumbai till 9th; there is no card that shows up
I extent my trip till 11th, still no card

Finally I ask for the card to be forwarded to my address where I am temporarily staying.

Multiple (actually with calls every day since 19th Jan, finally the card shows on 22nd Jan, but no pin Number, so the card is no good. I am assured it will be delivered by 25th, Fri, but NO it does not show up.

Today is 26th Jam Republic Day as I write this report on the inefficiency of the private sector, and why checks on such corporates are necessary, there is no way that anyone that anyone including he private sector will stay in line without the whip being cracked on there back, specially the Private sectors who are bigger and uglier bully as there is no one responsible for anything.

Finally the card reached me on 28th.   Mind you Duetsch bank is run by Indians who might be programmed to lie, and work the system.


No comments:

Post a Comment