Wednesday, October 5, 2011

another Tuesday







Located in culver city downtown, the hotel is culver hotel :)


Oct 5th:






0730 hrs. : Time for yoga

0815: and cant find my Phone from India, how could it have walked away? Darn, anyway lets finish watching the movie I started yesterday.

0845 : ok so the days goes on, time for yoga and to get ready want to shoot a part of a exercise with Gillum my pal from France

0930: yes gellum’s is on the way, and I am almost finished watching Mr. Bogart’s movie

1015: showered and ready for our assignment to start this will be the 3rd attempt That I am making on this assignment, Have enough time to do three variations J

1245 so we been on the computer checking out new ways of working with Light room a software that I have not gotten my head completely around, but Now I do, Thanks to gellum n his patience of dealing with me

1330 we are walking in culver city downtown, n am just shooting away, trying to see he scene in front of me better, taking the sights in, n ya there is a farmers market in downtown culver city, main street, 15o0 to 1900 hrs. , One gets fresh produce and stuff.

1430: lunch on chicken and lentils + spinach and Sourdough Bead J am a happy child

1550: we done our walking and made out acquaintance with Matt, at “ dimagec “, yup spoke about getting some photography work (printing work done) well the truth is they are too expensive for the kind of work they do, and I can definitely get a better deal back home and include shipping along with it,

1610: remembered That I have not gotten my drivers license and called, the DMV what do u know, there is a 30 minute to wait to a human there, and well think I will wait, but hey do u see something wrong in this picture, like how much are they understaffed to not be able to have a staff onto to things, well I tell u, if you think it is bad in India, well try USA to see how inefficient the GOVT is.

1645, still on hold L and wonder how long (ya 15 minutes more I guess)

1715: spoke to DMV, the wait was 65 minutes , oh well such is life , and it was only a 3 minutes that we needed to get things sorted out

1730 : new things I have learned thought assimilated are :

In life as we see, the perception is what we see with, not just at the retina, so in all possibility there are little you’d that’s inside u watching the scene. Perception is a active process we require content, we expect constancy:1:Size and shape 2. Colol. 3. Expectation and context

We are not in contact with the real world our senses are the ones that bring the experience to us. In anamorphic lenses. It squeezes in the image while shooting, and in projection it de squeezes the image, I have a idea, in DHOOM 2, ash looks so lean and all the character looks lean as they left the anamorphic on, n projected without de-sqeezing the image, ME thinks

Talking about lenses:

Wide angle lenses: pull in from the side, and push the front further back while

Telephoto compresses space and magnifies, shallow depth of field.

Remember Lenses actually like to focus further away,

Further you focus more the lens likes it,

How near you focus affects the depth of field.

Sharpness is Physiological perception of resolution.

The Red camera believes that resolution is the main and the ARRi system believes the resolution is not necessarily what you need the most of. Remember a sharper lens will give a lower contrast image and a higher contrast image is because the resolving power of the lens is poorer and lastly another trick to shoot well : if you want the sun in the shot to be a ball, then you shoot with a wider aperture (open) and use Neutral density filter, else it will break up into beams if u use a smaller aperture.

1800: Ok time for some play : so maybe time to get on the phone and harass some pals again.

1830; David gas, One of my favorite instructors from AAC days, called, and asked me over, so evening I get to meet him and there little 3 month old Eli Lothar Gaz and how wonderful wife: annalee.

1910 finding my way over, to downtown LA, where The gaz man lives, in a highrise, penthouse with titanium walls ( it was a bank earlier – the building) J Vee-jay called, N of as I drive I cant take her calls, so, am having to reject her call, but darn want to speak to her, soon soon J hope she aint too upset with me

2230: so back home after getting lost while trying to get on to the i-10 e, n yes the GPS of course getting hung as I needed it the most, Guess

No comments:

Post a Comment